Friday, April 27, 2007

"CODE BLACK"


Picture this........


You are practically naked (Hospital gown hiked up to your cha-cha's)and a nurse is in the MIDDLE of dressing your surgical wound...She is removing staples that are poking and replacing them with steri strips and basically cleaning you up. THIS IS UNCOMFORTABLE ENOUGH, AS YOU KNOW, IF YOU HAVE EVER BEEN THERE.......

BUT

WHAT IF

IN THE MIDDLE OF THIS PROCEDURE

YOU HEARD OVER THE LOUD SPEAKER

"ATTENTION ALL STAFF THIS IS A CODE BLACK!!!"......"REPEAT ATTENTION ALL STAFF THIS IS A CODE BLACK!! MOVE YOUR PATIENTS IMMEDIATELY!"

WHAT?????? What does THAT MEAN??? I looked outside and immediately interpreted it as a weather related issue since it was only 3 o'clock in the afternoon and it appeared to be dusk. And apparently I was right (was there any doubt?)
Yes, there was severe storms and a possible torrnado sighting so every patient had to be MOVED to a secure location. Now, of course, Jo did not finish her "unstapling" and I don't know HOW but She and I were the first ones in the Hall!! I just love her.... lol......You never saw "drugged", "crippled" people move so fast!! Lindsey and I had front row seats! We were not in a tornadic path, thank you Lord, and the hospital sent everyone gifts to our rooms for the inconvience! Wow.....I am making out like a bandit here!!!

Now, Imagine THAT!!!

2 comments:

Michelle Russell said...

I'm so glad your CJ came at just the right time!! Hope you are up and about soon, I'll keep you in my prayers!

Love, Mimi

Katie said...

Glad you made it home and hope you have a speedy recovery! And I'm glad your code black turned out okay.