Wednesday, May 2, 2007

HELP! I'm allergic to my Pain Meds!

Would you rather be in pain or in itch misery?? I will choose whatever one I am NOT in at the given moment you ask.

EDIT....I was wrong with this statement. My answer will ALWAYS be Pain....It will NEVER be itching!...NEVER...

Now, added to my new knowledge of surgery preparation, are these questions. "Are you allergic to anything? How do you react to Anesthesia...Adhesives...Rubber Gloves? What pain meds can you NOT take?" Well, I have only had one, uneventful surgery prior to this one 14 years ago and it was a laproscopic procedure thus much easier to recover from! I really had no good answers for these questions. I do now! Anestesia is fine.....Adhesives make me ITCH....and There are 3 pain meds I cannot take!!
A Viscious Circle though, is when you cannot take your pain meds because you are having an allergic reaction.....so you are in pain........and you are all HIVEY because of the allergy to them. Two in one...I am itchy AND somewhat in pain. HELP!!! This is not the first Pain Med I have been allergic to this week(one in the hospital). Maybe I should just grin and bear it!! Or, submit to Chris' method of surgery pain control......pinch yourself somewhere else and you won't pay attention to the pain you are in now!!! Ya Right Hon.....I still love you though!

0 comments: