Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Tumor Rumor...Getting to the bottom of it.

You may still be reeling at the news that my tumor was a 10 pounder! I know I still am. I did not GIVE BIRTH to anything that large, and am daunted by this discovery which I knew nothing about! Alas, it is merely a Tumor Rumor! Let's trace it's source. Haha......

Listen in on a conversation I had with my sister before I was released from the hospital...(I have written it in screen play version for an upcoming movie....assuming there is interest, writters will not have to compose it..thoughtful, I know!)

Marie: (after looking off into the distance) "Wow, I just cannot believe it was 10 pounds! Just try to imagine a 10 pound chunk of hamburger!" (raises arms pretending to presenting a large item in front of her) Man...that's HUGE!
Me: (squirming in hospital bed) "10 pounds of hamburger?? ewwww...."(curls up nose, wincing) "What was 10 pounds?"
Marie: (looks questioningly at Me) "Your tumor, of course!!"
Margaret: (with look of utter suprise!) "My tumor??! Where did you hear that? I have not even discussed that with my doctor."

Hmmmmmm.....I thought , maybe the Doctor talked with my husband while I was asleep. It could not have been THAT big....the girls were 7 pounds, I cannot even IMAGINE it being bigger than they were.

Marie: "Well, I heard it from Aunt Sharon." lifting her hand at the announcement of the reliable source.
Margaret: (Still in shock) "Aunt Sharon?.. she lives clear across the country! How did SHE find this out before ME???"
Marie: Shrugs

I later asked Dr. Farmar that day when she came in for rounds if she had mentioned to anyone about the size of the tumor........"No, it is still in Pathology. They will weigh it though, I can let you know next week"
Interesting...........so how did this tumor rumor begin.........

Let's investigate before the trail grows cold...
Apparently my mom talked with Grandma (89 years old and failing in hearing, but the most wonderful woman on the planet. I am her namesake.) Grandma thought she heard mom tell her that the tumor was 10 pounds, she told Marlys, who told Miriam, who told Lavonne, who told Sharon......and the fire just keeps spreading. In all actuality, Dr. Farmar says it was about a pound or so. EDIT......I believe the official weight was 30 grams...YOU figure it out!..I think that is like 3/4 pound) Now, I am kind of disappointed. That would have been an automatic 10 pound weight loss!

1 comments:

Marie's Journal said...

Now that was funny!!! Will I get any credit for being in your online Theatrical Performance? I demand 50% of everything you make on the book sales, movie, CD rendition and theatrical performances!!! I am after all, Marie, the one who broke the news to you. That should count for something.
Have you read my blog???
Love, your sis (holding 10 pounds of hamberger meat in front of me at this very moment,
Marie